Email received from Vertex April 4, 2012
Vertex will present data on INCIVEK® (telaprevir) tablets, approved for the treatment of hepatitis C, and one of its hepatitis C medicines in development, the non-nucleoside polymerase inhibitor VX-222, at the 47th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) in Barcelona, Spain, April 18 to 22, 2012.
The titles of the 14 accepted abstracts are included below, attached as a pdf and on our website at http://www.vrtx.com/2012-easl.html. The complete abstracts are now available through the EASL website at www.easl.eu.
Oral Presentation: April 20, 2012, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. CET
· "Futility Rules in Telaprevir Combination Treatment"
Poster Presentations: April 21, 2012, 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. CET
· Poster # 1094:"100% SVR in IL28b CC Patients Treated with 12 Weeks of Telaprevir, Peginterferon and Ribavirin in the PROVE2 Trial"
· Poster # 1203: "All IL28b Genotypes Have High SVR Rates in Patients Treated with VX-222 in Combination with Telaprevir/Peginterferon/Ribavirin in the ZENITH Study"
· Poster # 1132: "High Concordance Between SVR12 and SVR24 in Patients Receiving Telaprevir Plus Peginterferon and Ribavirin in Three Phase 3 Clinical Trials: ADVANCE, ILLUMINATE and REALIZE"
· Poster # 1162: "Ribavirin Dose Modification in Treatment-Naïve and Previously Treated Patients Who Received Telaprevir Combination Treatment: No Impact on Sustained Virologic Response in Phase 3 Studies"
· Poster # 1167: "Pre-Treatment IP-10 Levels and IL28b Genotype in Prediction of SVR in Prior Treatment-Experienced Genotype 1 HCV Patients Treated with Telaprevir/ Peginterferon/ Ribavirin in REALIZE Study"
· Poster # 1150: "A Comprehensive Review of Patterns of Viral Load Decline in Patients Treated with Telaprevir Plus Peginterferon and Ribavirin"
· Poster # 1117: "Telaprevir French Cohort Authorisation for Temporary Use in Genotype 1 Hepatitis C Cirrhotic Patients with Prior Partial Response or Relapse"
· Poster # 1116: "Exposure-Response Relationships in Telaprevir Combination Therapy in Treatment-Naïve Genotype 1 Chronic HCV Patients"
· Poster # 1174: "Deep Sequencing Screening for Telaprevir-Resistant Viral Variants in Previous Null Responders Fails to Identify Those Patients at Risk of Failing Telaprevir Plus Peginterferon/Ribavirin Therapy”
· Poster # 1184: "Characterization of HCV Variants in Genotype 1 Treatment-Naïve Patients Administered the Combination of TVR and VX-222 in Dual Arms of ZENITH Study"
· Poster # 1102: "The Cost-Effectiveness of Telaprevir (TVR) in Combination with Pegylated Interferon-Alfa and Ribavirin (PR) for the Treatment of Genotype 1(G1) Chronic Hepatitis C Patients"
· Poster # 1169: "Health-Related Quality-of-Life Among Genotype 1 Treatment-Naïve Chronic Hepatitis C Patients Receiving Telaprevir Combination Treatment: Post-Hoc Analyses of Data from the ADVANCE Trial"
· Poster # 1170: "Predictors of Days Unable to Work Among Genotype 1 Treatment-Naïve Chronic Hepatitis C Patients: Post-Hoc Analyses of Data from Phase 3 ADVANCE and ILLUMINATE Studies"
Investor Relations Contact:
Michael Partridge, 617-444-6108