Published on April 6, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Thousands of physicians, researchers and academics from around the world will gather in San Diego in May for Digestive Disease Week- (DDW), the premiere scientific conference in the fields of gastroenterology, hepatology, endoscopy and gastrointestinal surgery.
The latest research in the following GI health topics will be presented during the conference:
- Technology/devices: capsule endoscope and narrow band imaging
- Bowel disease: environmental risk factors and hormonal replacement therapy
- Liver disease: transplantation, acetaminophen use and hepatitis disease progression
- Colorectal cancer: colonoscopy versus computed tomography colonography
- Drugs: telaprevir, statin therapy and treatments for ulcerative colitis
MyDDW is now open! Review the abstracts being presented during this year's meeting to begin planning your coverage at http://ddw.apprisor.org/plnWelcome.cfm?CFID=2387556&CFTOKEN=94264968. Please note that data being presented during DDW is embargoed until the time of presentation; visit the DDW website for the complete embargo policy - http://www.ddw.org/press/ddw-media-policies.
Numerous press conferences will be held during the meeting to present the most compelling research in the field. Each press event will be accessible to the media both in-person at the conference and via teleconference. To access to the latest news, research breakthroughs and leading researchers in the field, register to attend DDW this year.
DDW is jointly sponsored by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, the American Gastroenterological Association Institute, the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract.
May 19-22, 2012
San Diego Convention Center, CA
Source: Digestive Disease Week